Jolianne S. Walters
Jolianne S. Walters practices in the firm’s employment law group. She brings to the firm’s practice, a dynamic and diverse perspective, which stems from her years of experience in practicing employment law as an in-house counsel, and as both a plaintiff’s and defense attorney. Prior to joining the firm, she has handled a wide variety of complex litigation arising under the Illinois Human Rights Act and Title VII, as well as other employment-related statutes. She has successfully drafted and argued dispositive motions, conducted solo jury and bench trials at both the Illinois Human Rights Commission and in state court, and has assisted in trial practice at the federal level. She has also successfully argued before the Second District Appellate Court of Illinois and the Illinois Supreme Court on a novel issue pertaining to disability discrimination/”disability harassment” arising under the Illinois Human Rights Act. She is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and is also a member of the DCBA Editorial Board.
Ms. Walters obtained her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2009. She then went on to obtain her law degree in 2013 from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Ms. Walters is licensed to practice in Illinois and in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Illinois, 2013
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL, May 2013
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2009
- B.S. Biological Sciences
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association Editorial Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra, Second Violin
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Annals of Health Law Journal Editor
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Mock Trial
- Jolianne S. Walters, “Being Locked Up Does Not Mean Being Locked Out From Medical Care,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 29, No.1, Sep. 2016.
- Jolianne S. Walters, “Court Affirms that “Disability Harassment” Constitutes Unlawful Discrimination: A Confirmation that Certain Truths are Self-Evident,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 29, No.4, Dec. 2016.
- Jolianne S. Walters, “Court Affirms that “Disability Harassment” Constitutes Unlawful Discrimination: A Confirmation that Certain Truths are Self-Evident,” Illinois State Bar Association Labor & Employment Law, Vol. 54, No.4, Mar. 2017.
- Jolianne S. Walters, “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Pre-Litigation Strategies from a Plaintiff’s Perspective,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 30, No.7, Mar. 2018.
Past Employment Positions:
- Kopon Airdo, LLC, Chicago, IL, Associate, May 2017 – March 2018
- Gaffney & Gaffney, P.C., Glendale Heights, IL, Associate, January 2014 – May 2017
- WCP Solar Services, LLC, Naperville, IL, Compliance Officer/In-House Counsel, January 2012 – January 2014