Attorney Lindsay C. Stella
Lindsay C. Stella represents individuals in all aspects of family law including negotiation of prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements, distribution of assets, adoptions, child custody and parenting time disputes, child support and maintenance issues, civil unions, guardianship issues, complex issues in valuation of business interests, post-decree issues, paternity cases, and other matrimonial and family law related matters and proceedings.
Ms. Stella has been named by Illinois Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for three years in a row. She also earned the National Academy of Family Law Attorney’s prestigious award naming her one of the Top Ten Attorneys in Family Law Under 40 Nationally in 2014. Ms. Stella maintains a 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo for client satisfaction and also earned the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys Ten Best Under 40 for Client Satisfaction in Illinois for 2014. She was also named one of the Top 10 Most Influential Suburban Moms by Glancer Magazine in May 2015.
While in law school, Ms. Stella maintained herself on the Dean’s List and competed in Moot Court Competitions, earning a place in the semi-finals. Ms. Stella completed her 711 Internship at the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office where she continued to sharpen her litigation skills. She graduated from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in January of 2010 with a Concentration in Litigation.
Ms. Stella received her undergraduate degree from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2006 with a major in English and a double minor in Political Science and Women’s Studies. During her time, she maintained herself on the Dean’s List and Honor Roll. She was also an active member of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Society, Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, and Sigma Alpha Lambda a National Leadership and Honors Society.
Currently, Ms. Stella holds the position of Second Vice President for the DuPage Justinian Society of Lawyers who is responsible for annual fundraising for Ronald McDonald House Charities and assisted substantially in donating money for the Winfield location. She was also appointed in 2012 to the Illinois State Bar Association’s Standing Committee for Women and the Law by the President of the ISBA and again appointed in 2014 to the Illinois State Bar Association’s Family Law Committee where she assisted in drafting the new Family Law legislation.
She is an active member of the DuPage County Bar Association and the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers.
Ms. Stella lives in Naperville with her husband Reed, and their two young sons, Jack and Ryan.
- Illinois, 2010
- Northern District of Illinois, Federal Court, 2013
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2010
- J.D., Dean’s List
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2006
- B.A., Dean’s List, Honor Roll
- Naperville Central High School, 2002
Professional Assocations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Entertainment Committee Chair, 2014-2015
- New Lawyer’s Committee Chair, 2012-2013
- New Lawyer’s Committee Vice Chair, 2011-2012
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- DuPage County Family Violence Coordinating Council
- The DuPage Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Junior Board Member, Family Shelter Services, 2013-2014
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers, 2014-2016
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, National Top Ten Ranking, 2014
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Offices of Walter R. Jackowiec III, P.C., 2010-2011
- Associate Attorney
- McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, 2009-2010
- 711 Practicing Intern