Megan C. Harris
Attorney BioDownload Resume
Ms. Harris joined Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella in July 2013, where she focuses on all areas of family law. Prior to that, she worked as an attorney and Guardian ad Litem at the Cook County Public Guardian’s Office, representing children in abuse and neglect cases.
Ms. Harris practices in DuPage, Cook and Will Counties and is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, and the Justinian Society of Lawyers of DuPage County. Ms. Harris is a DuPage County Court-Appointed Guardian ad Litem and has presented at the 2013 DuPage Guardian ad Litem training as well as the 2014 National Business Institute training on challenges in family law. She was the 2017-2018 Chair of the Family Law Section of the DuPage County Bar Association, which included organizing the 2018 Guardian ad Litem training. Her work with the Family Law Section earned her a Board of Director's Award. Ms. Harris also presently serves on the DuPage County Bar Association Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for investigating and reporting on the retention of judges and the qualification of prospective judges.
Megan C. Harris received her J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law at Urbana-Champaign in 2012 and was admitted to practice law in Illinois that same year. She is also a 2008 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois, where she majored in Psychology. While in law school, Ms. Harris was a Notes Editor for the Law Review, participated in the College’s Family Advocacy Clinic, and clerked at a general practice law firm. Ms. Harris achieved academic distinction each year and was also nominated for the Paul Lisnek Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. Ms. Harris authored an article on jail visitation policies as they affect parents and infants, which was published in 2012 in the University of Illinois Law Review.
When not engaged in her professional work, Ms. Harris enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband and sons and their menagerie of pets.
- Illinois, 2012
- University of Illinois College of Law
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Pro Bono Notation; Harno Scholar and Dean's List; University of Illinois Law Review (Notes Editor)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S., Psychology, English Minor, Summa Cum Laude
- Dean's List 2004-2008; James Scholar; Chancellor's Scholar; Bronze Tablet Inductee; Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Certified DuPage County Guardian ad Litem (Domestic Relations)
- DuPage County Bar Association
- General Member
- Family Law Section Chair, 2017-18
- Judiciary Committee Member, 2019-present
- Illinois State Bar Association
- General Member
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- General Member
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2020
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer designation, 2017-present
- DuPage County Bar Association Board of Director's Award, 2018
- CALI Award Winner, (Highest Class Grade) Environmental Law and Interviewing, Counseling, & Fact Investigation courses
- Paul Lisnek Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy Nominee, 2011
- University of Illinois/American Bar Association Internal Client Counseling Competition Semi-Finalist, 2010
- Honors Distinction, Legal Research and Legal Writing and Analysis courses, 2009-2010
- Megan McMillen, "I Need to Feel Your Touch: Allowing Newborns and Infants Contact Visitation with Jailed Parents," 2012 U. Ill. L. Rev. 1811.
Past Employment Positions:
- Office of the Cook County Public Guardian, 2012-2013
- University of Illinois Family Advocacy Clinic, 2012
- Student Attorney
- University of Illinois College of Law, 2012
- Teaching Assistant
- Dobbins, Fraker, Tenant, Joy & Perlstein, 2011-2012
- Law Clerk