Erin A. Duffy
Erin Duffy joined Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick, and Mirabella in 2022, where she focuses her practice on all areas of employment law, including those involving discrimination and sexual harassment. Erin also represents claimants before the Social Security Administration in disability claims, bringing unique experience and insight to this area of practice as a former employee of the Social Security Administration Office of Hearings Operations. She is passionate about working directly with her clients to best serve each client’s individual needs and believes that listening truly is key.
Ms. Duffy received her J.D. cum laude from Northern Illinois University a semester early and sat for the February bar exam. Upon being admitted to practice in Illinois, Erin worked as a local prosecutor in DuPage County, where she prosecuted DUI, traffic, and ordinance violation cases. Subsequently, Erin worked at a residential real estate law firm, for the federal government, and for a general practitioner before finding her passion for employment and disability law. Working for the Social Security Administration allowed Erin to fine-tune her skills as a legal and technical writer, as her position involved drafting Administrative Law Judge decisions.
In her spare time, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband and their two children. Erin also loves baking, reading, and traveling to Michigan. Additionally, as a former high school cheerleader, college cheerleader, and high school cheerleading coach, Erin loves officiating competitive cheerleading and dance for the Illinois High School Association.
- Employment Law
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois, 2016
- Law School
- Northern Illinois University School of Law, DeKalb, IL, December 2015, J.D.
- Benedictine University, Lisle, IL, 2013, B.A. Marketing
Honors and Awards:
- NIU College of Law Mock Trialist
- NIU College of Law Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Moot Court Quarterfinalist
- Treasurer of the Criminal Law Society
- Kane County Bar Foundation Scholarship Recipient, 2014
- Benedictine University Scholar with Distinction
- Benedictine University Outstanding Senior in Marketing, 2013
- College of Business Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient, 2013
Relevant Past Employment Positions
- Casement Group, P.C., Associate, September 2021-October 2022
- Social Security Administration, Attorney Advisor, July 2018-September 2021
- Clark and McArdle, P.C., Associate, April 2017-July 2018
- Law Offices of Smith and Fuller, Associate, May 2016-April 2017
Current/Past Affiliations or Offices Held
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association