Kira N. Albrecht
“When you step into a family law case, you do so with the understanding that you are often stepping into a very difficult situation. Thoughtfulness, compassion, and zealous advocacy are the ingredients for a successful outcome. I will always make it my top priority to understand and meet my client’s needs and goals. I feel honored to be entrusted with the most important aspects of my clients' lives, and I will always give each and every case the focus and attention it deserves.”
Kira N. Albrecht joined MKFM in 2020 after working as an associate attorney at a large Chicago based family law firm. She concentrates her practice in all aspects of family law and civil appellate litigation, with a specific focus on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, parenting time disputes, the financial issues attendant to divorce such as maintenance, child support, and the division of the marital estate, and has worked on a number of complex and high net worth cases involving business valuations, asset tracing, and forensic accounting.
Kira is passionate about family law and understands that no two cases are alike. At the outset of any case, Kira will sit down with a client to understand his or her goals in order to create tailored solutions.
During law school at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Kira received a scholarship and was named on the Dean’s List for four consecutive semesters. Kira was also active in the Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra as a violinist and violist as well as the Society of Women in Law.
Following law school, Kira worked for a commercial and class action litigation law firm in DuPage County, followed by three years at the largest privately held telecommunications infrastructure company in the United States, where she gained extensive real estate and zoning experience.
Legal Practice Areas:
- Family Law
- Illinois, 2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, and Certificate in Business Law, 2014
- Academic Scholarship Recipient and Dean's List
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Arts, double major in Philosophy and English Literature, 2011
- Violinist in University of Wisconsin-Madison Symphony Orchestra
Current/Past Affiliation or Offices Held:
- Vice President / President Elect, DuPage Society of Justinian Lawyers, 2024
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Super Lawyers Illinois "Rising Stars", 2023, 2024
- Best Lawyers: "Ones to Watch", 2023, 2024
- Recognized as an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers 2023-2024
- Recognized as an "Emerging West Suburban Area Lawyer" by West Suburban Living Magazine 2024